On this page, you may download some of our free documents and out-of-print books relating to Kilwinning and the Abbey. Most are PDF files, so you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. Compatible alternative readers are available.
- Membership Form — Download
If you wish to join KH please complete and return our membership form. If you wish to pay your membership fee online, you can do so via PayPal from our Shop page.Until the next AGM in November, membership fees are £5 per person per year, U18s and overseas members free.
- A plan layout of Kilwinning Abbey — Download
with estimated construction dates and other basic information
- Risk Assessment — Download
Schools and other groups may need to see our Risk Assessment before a visit.
- Kilwinning Community Archaeology Project 2011 Report — Download
Includes summary of the 2010 season.
- Lady Jane’s Cottage at Eglinton Park - Archaeological Dig Report - 2012 — Download
- Lady Jane’s Cottage at Eglinton Park - Extended Dig Report 2017 — Download
- Cottage and Railway Loading Dock at Benslie - Archaeological Investigations Report 2013 — Download
- Monkcastle - Archaeological Investigations Report 2014 — Download
- Ryefield, Dalry - Archaeological Investigations Report 2015 — Download
- Ryefield, Dalry - Archaeological Investigations Report 2016 — Download
- Our Constitution — Download
- A brief Investigation of a Defended Doorway at Kilwinning Abbey — Download
- An attempt to unravel the building sequence at Kilwinning Abbey by James Kennedy — Download
Out-of-print books and booklets
All the books and booklets below are out of print and difficult to find in physical form, but we have managed to source or scan copies.
- Montgomeries of Eglinton, by Elizabeth Cousins — Download
reprinted from original 1980 document with addendum
- Morrison’s Guide to the Glasgow, Greenock and Ayrshire Railway, 1841 — Download
- Archaeological and Historical Collections of Ayr and Wigton Vol. 1, 1878 — Download
Galloway’s articles on Kilwinning Abbey architecture
- History of the Counties of Ayr and Wigton, Vol 3 Cunninghame, Pt 2, James Robertson, 1866 — Download
- The Life and Recollections of Dr Duguid, edited by John Service, 1887. — Download
- Historical Tales and Legends of Ayrshire, by William Robertson, 1889 — Download
- Kilwinning Abbey, the Church of Saint Winning, by Rev. William Lee Ker, 1900 — Download
- Also available in reprinted form via Amazon
- Ayrshire, Its History and Historic families, Vol 1, by William Robertson, 1908 — Download
- Ayrshire, Its History and Historic families, Vol 2, by William Robertson, 1908 — Download
- Kilwinning Abbey, by John Ness, 1967 — Download
- Kilwinning Abbey, by Sr Dominic Savio — Download
- A Short History of Kilwinning Parish 2nd Ed, John Hay and Isabel J.T. Wilson 1988 — Download
- Topographical Account of the District of Cunningham by Timothy Pont — Download
- Compiled about the year 1600
- An Account of the Eglinton Tournament by James Aikman 1839 — Download
- Opening of the Eglinton Dock and Tidal Basin 1892 — Download
- Transcription of the original large booklet printed by the Ardrossan Herald newspaper, with scans of the original pages.
We have other Kilwinning-related publications for sale at reasonable prices at the Heritage Centre or from the Shop page.